- RT @Carramartruffl1: Eureka - It works! (Entirely appropriate for the #goldfields ) All our hard work ripping and re-inoculating early Oct… 1 day ago
- RT @xvilanovasola: Yesterday we were adding borchii spores to this six year old Pinus pinea plantation. The pines are not grafted with high… 1 month ago
- RT @xvilanovasola: Las lluvias acumuladas en este invierno y primavera no nos han dejado entrar en las partes más bajas de la finca. Como s… 1 month ago
- RT @FerrePere: Pinos injertados ! 3 años piñas! @irtacat #paro #pino #piñones https://t.co/frtOkwcBKV 2 months ago
- RT @xvilanovasola: Está siendo también un año durillo para el equipo de MF&A. A la ausencia temporal de Marcos se la ha unido esta situació… 2 months ago
trufflefarming on Preliminary results on Tuber b… Michael Riggan on Preliminary results on Tuber b… trufflefarming on Preliminary results on Tuber b… Peter Stahle on Preliminary results on Tuber b… trufflefarming on Tuber magnatum also found in…
- The License Agreement between Carolina Truffieres and Micofora has ended
- Black truffle prices and volumes in Spain and France season 2018-19
- Preliminary results on Tuber borchii ecological studies
- Coming Truffle Farming Conferences in the US
- How to reduce glyphosate for weed control on truffle farming?
- how has 2018 black truffle season gone in the southern hemisphere?
- Bookings open for the new editions of the Barcelona Truffle Tour 2018/19
- Is it possible to multi crop chestnuts and truffles?
- Micofora just published two job offers to join the team in Barcelona
- How the 2017-18 season of black truffle has been in Spain and France?
- new book Truffle and host trees pests & diseases
- Our New Truf-Up Spanish Wells Substrate
- How we produce our truffle inoculum at micofora?
- New places available for our truffle growing technical seminars in Barcelona
- truffle growing all over the World in 2017
- How do truffles feed and get its Nitrogen?
- How many baby truffles are formed per square meter?
- a new book about truffles has been published
- New data on the hazel and Tuber borchii project in Catalonia
- Can Rhizoculture Improve Agricultural and Forestry Systems?
- How 2017 black truffle season has gone in the Southern Hemisphere?
- Truffle beetle pest Leiodes in Spain
- Truffle Farming in the West Coast of the USA
- 5 years research on black truffle mothers and fathers
- Black and summer truffle live as well associated to Herbaceous plants
- update on truffle growing in America
- how Quercus ilex tolerates cold climate?
- We just published a new paper on Tuber borchii growing with stone pine
- Bookings open for the new editions of the Barcelona Truffle Tour
- How 2016/17 black truffle season has gone in France & Spain?
- Where and when males come from to fertilize truffles?
- how to decide a layout for truffle farming in the USA?
- Truffle Growing in México
- Truffle Farming worldwide update for 2017
- Some bacteria and active organic compounds boost truffles mycelium
- New results from our research with “spanish wells” with black truffle spores
- New standards to market truffles in Europe
- Pines will produce Lactarius fruit bodies inside our nurseries!
- more light on the reproduction cycle of the black truffle (Tuber melanosporum)
- will a heavy pruning affect my truffiere?
- Barcelona Truffle Tour seminars coming soon!
- New data to water our melanosporum truffiere
- black truffle may infect too herbs and shrubs
- How last truffle season has been in the southern hemisphere?
- more insights about black truffle reproduction
- Metagenomics and diversity in truffieres
- new aussie record truffle, why?
- We´ll present a paper in the next IWEMM in Cahors, France OCT2016
- Growing black truffles in Greece
- ICOM 9 – 9th International Conference on Mycorrhiza
Category Archives: truffle growing
Last August and September we´ve been visiting truffle growers on the west coast of the USA. We took the opportunity to give a lecture to the western Truffle Growers Association, where more than 30 met and talked about the latest … Continue reading
For the first time it has been possible to study genetically the female and the male factors in black truffles. In a study of our researcher Herminia de la Varga, while she was in a postdoc in the INRA, shows … Continue reading
July has been crazy and I could not find time to write in this Blog. Yesterday I flu from Barcelona to Cape Town and instead of watching films, I read some pending papers 😉 here some comments from them: A … Continue reading
A couple of news have been just released that make a nice overview of the truffle farming industry in Chile and USA. I thought it could be nice to share it here: Why Haven’t American Truffles Taken Root Yet? … Continue reading
Last winter in Catalonia we had a whole month with temperatures below 0ºC and with constant fog. Frost accumulated day after day left holm oaks like the one of the picture above (left). We have been sampling these orchards in … Continue reading
The last edition of the Montes review (just in spanish edition, sorry for that) has published our latest paper titled: “Viabilidad y rentabilidad de una plantación de pino piñonero (Pinus pinea) micorrizado con trufa bianchetto (Tuber borchii), por M. Morcillo, … Continue reading
We just have new dates for the coming editions of the only 2 truffle growing seminars in english language we will organize in Barcelona: 11th-16th december 2017 and 12th -17th february 2018 One of the features this year is the workshop about … Continue reading
In the following paper we hypothesize about a new theory we created related with black truffle life cycle and when spores germinate, if they do it as males or females. We are working in order to prove it in coming … Continue reading
The last two weeks we have been visiting 8 truffle farming projects in the USA with @xvilanovasola, mostly in California and in North Carolina. Let me comment some of the issues we mostly find and to compare the climates and … Continue reading