- RT @Carramartruffl1: Eureka - It works! (Entirely appropriate for the #goldfields ) All our hard work ripping and re-inoculating early Oct… 1 day ago
- RT @xvilanovasola: Yesterday we were adding borchii spores to this six year old Pinus pinea plantation. The pines are not grafted with high… 1 month ago
- RT @xvilanovasola: Las lluvias acumuladas en este invierno y primavera no nos han dejado entrar en las partes más bajas de la finca. Como s… 1 month ago
- RT @FerrePere: Pinos injertados ! 3 años piñas! @irtacat #paro #pino #piñones https://t.co/frtOkwcBKV 2 months ago
- RT @xvilanovasola: Está siendo también un año durillo para el equipo de MF&A. A la ausencia temporal de Marcos se la ha unido esta situació… 2 months ago
trufflefarming on Preliminary results on Tuber b… Michael Riggan on Preliminary results on Tuber b… trufflefarming on Preliminary results on Tuber b… Peter Stahle on Preliminary results on Tuber b… trufflefarming on Tuber magnatum also found in…
- The License Agreement between Carolina Truffieres and Micofora has ended
- Black truffle prices and volumes in Spain and France season 2018-19
- Preliminary results on Tuber borchii ecological studies
- Coming Truffle Farming Conferences in the US
- How to reduce glyphosate for weed control on truffle farming?
- how has 2018 black truffle season gone in the southern hemisphere?
- Bookings open for the new editions of the Barcelona Truffle Tour 2018/19
- Is it possible to multi crop chestnuts and truffles?
- Micofora just published two job offers to join the team in Barcelona
- How the 2017-18 season of black truffle has been in Spain and France?
- new book Truffle and host trees pests & diseases
- Our New Truf-Up Spanish Wells Substrate
- How we produce our truffle inoculum at micofora?
- New places available for our truffle growing technical seminars in Barcelona
- truffle growing all over the World in 2017
- How do truffles feed and get its Nitrogen?
- How many baby truffles are formed per square meter?
- a new book about truffles has been published
- New data on the hazel and Tuber borchii project in Catalonia
- Can Rhizoculture Improve Agricultural and Forestry Systems?
- How 2017 black truffle season has gone in the Southern Hemisphere?
- Truffle beetle pest Leiodes in Spain
- Truffle Farming in the West Coast of the USA
- 5 years research on black truffle mothers and fathers
- Black and summer truffle live as well associated to Herbaceous plants
- update on truffle growing in America
- how Quercus ilex tolerates cold climate?
- We just published a new paper on Tuber borchii growing with stone pine
- Bookings open for the new editions of the Barcelona Truffle Tour
- How 2016/17 black truffle season has gone in France & Spain?
- Where and when males come from to fertilize truffles?
- how to decide a layout for truffle farming in the USA?
- Truffle Growing in México
- Truffle Farming worldwide update for 2017
- Some bacteria and active organic compounds boost truffles mycelium
- New results from our research with “spanish wells” with black truffle spores
- New standards to market truffles in Europe
- Pines will produce Lactarius fruit bodies inside our nurseries!
- more light on the reproduction cycle of the black truffle (Tuber melanosporum)
- will a heavy pruning affect my truffiere?
- Barcelona Truffle Tour seminars coming soon!
- New data to water our melanosporum truffiere
- black truffle may infect too herbs and shrubs
- How last truffle season has been in the southern hemisphere?
- more insights about black truffle reproduction
- Metagenomics and diversity in truffieres
- new aussie record truffle, why?
- We´ll present a paper in the next IWEMM in Cahors, France OCT2016
- Growing black truffles in Greece
- ICOM 9 – 9th International Conference on Mycorrhiza
Category Archives: truffle growing, truffle nurseries, spanish truffle orchards
A spanish newspaper (el Diario de Teruel) asked me some data to create an updated paper and Infographic about truffle farming in the world, and this is how it looks like, although it is in spanish I though it was nice … Continue reading
The scientific committee just accepted us a research paper to be presented at the next International Workshop on Edible Mycorrhiza Mushrooms (IWEMM) in Cahors, France. We´ll present the results of a research project done in collaboration with the Dr. Xavier … Continue reading
Last year we started a project focused to get truffles as a complementary crop of hazel nut plantations. The innovative of this approach is to consider truffles as a complement, so managing hazel is fully focused on the production of hazelnuts. This … Continue reading
Just let you know that we are organizing 2 new editions of our truffle growing seminars in Barcelona, Spain. These will be done in mid december and early february during the black truffle season. Note this workshop is thought for … Continue reading
In some areas in Catalonia there are some natural cork oak (Q. suber) truffiers producing Tuber melanosporum on acidic or neutral soils. We are currently studying these peculiar truffieres to understand its biology and wrote about it: https://trufflefarming.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/wild-black-and-summer-truffles-fruiting-on-acod-volcanic-soils/ In fact, we had been producing … Continue reading
Most of our truffle plantations in Spain are on poor soils, with low organic matter (1-3%). High pHs block nutrients or creates deficiency on some of them, like iron, zinc, boron, manganese…so it is not surprising when oaks start to show … Continue reading
Last october we out planted the first 800 pines mycorrhized with bianchetto we inoculated 2 years ago in México. The pines produced are stone pines (Pinus pinea) and Pinus cembroides, a local pine that produces edible nuts as well. They … Continue reading
A few days ago, we were harvesting truffles in a plantation 4 and 5 weeks after the season has ended. every one of those days still was harvested over 1kg of excellent quality truffles. However, it was easy to note … Continue reading
Increasingly we are finding more diseases associated with truffle oaks worth trying to control. Today we will discuss the case of the oak canker caused by a bacterium, Erwinia querciana. In Europe the use of antibiotics in agriculture is prohibited … Continue reading
This year has given new impetus to the truffle in Europe. In France, this would be done under a protocol signed last week between the French government and truffle cultivators and France AgriMer, a national body regulating food products. The … Continue reading